This class provides a simple info box that will help you monitor your code performance.
* FPS Frames per second, how many frames were rendered in 1 second, the bigger the better.
* MS Milliseconds needed to render a frame, the lower the better.
* MEM Memory your code is using, if it increases per frame is VERY wrong.
* MAX Maximum memory the application reached.
January 19, 2010
Looking at doing some experiments that may require 2.5D in Flash. These two libraries look helpful:
coordy is a Flash layout toolkit that allows you to easily organize items in various layout patterns.
The first time I experimented with 3D flash is a very clear memory. I was young, and naive, full of hope and romantic dreams. Her name was Sandy.. 3D… 3.0, and she tempted me with her new thinking and careless and free download. I learned a lot about 3D from Sandy, and to this day, I reminisce of our beautiful times together. But sometimes love just isn’t meant to be. The pressures of designs needing exact dimensions on displayed objects, vector graphics, and perfectly predictable placement of objects tore us apart. 3D just isn’t how most designers design. They think they want 3D, but the moment something has lines that aren’t perfectly parallel to the edges of the browser (as 3D often does) they are not amused. And let me tell you, telling an illustrator that he/she should learn 3D math so that they can predict how your program will display their objects when moved around does not go over well.
Learn CSS Positioning in Ten Steps
This tutorial examines the different layout properties available in CSS: position:static, position:relative, position:absolute, and float.
I use the following third-party AS3 libraries:
- Pure MVC, the application framework ported to AS3;
- ASUnit, an ActionScript unit-testing framework;
- Data Structures, useful data structures from Michael Baczynski, of Polygonal Labs;
- Motor2, a Physics Library, also from Michael Baczynski, of Polygonal Labs;
- Tween Max, a robust tweening engine by Jack Doyle of GreenSock;
- Papervision3D, the 3D engine for Flash;
- Bulk Loader, for loading assets in bulk by Arthur Debert;
- WebServices, for communicating with webservices, by Pieter Michels;
- Flare, a Flash Data Visualisation library.