Web2py is humming along and just got a redesigned front page. Nice, clean, and accessible. Gotta love the “complex” tutorial. Fits in a page! 🙂
A taste of web2py
Consider the following complete application which consists a model (which describes the data representation): db.py
a controller (which describes the application logic and workflow): images_examples.py
and a view (which describes the data presentation): images_examples/index.html:
What does it do?
- Creates the database db in file ‘images.db’
- Creates the table ‘image’ which contains a field called ‘file’. If
the table exists but does not match the definition it is altered
- Creates a web-based database administrative interface for db.image
- Creates a web page called index with upload form for db.image. Try it here
- On upload the file is renamed in a secure way, saved, and the name of the file is stored in a new field db.image record.