Automatic reconnection of ssh tunnels. This could be quite useful. Found this from here.
- autossh is a program to start a copy of ssh and monitor it, restarting
it as necessary should it die or stop passing traffic. The idea is
from rstunnel (Reliable SSH Tunnel), but implemented in C.
- The author’s view is that it is not as fiddly as rstunnel to get to
- Connection monitoring using a loop of port forwardings or a remote echo
- Backs off on rate of connection attempts when experiencing rapid
failures such as connection refused.
- Compiled and tested on OpenBSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Cygwin, and AIX;
should work on other BSDs.
- Use with “screen” for perpetual session (see included script “rscreen”).