Ramblings

April 16, 2008

Pay as you go web hosting

Filed under: cool, dev, hosting, lowcost — michaelangela @ 10:08 pm

Interesting concept. They don’t work with long running processes like Django or Web2py, but it could be good for static files and regular scripts.

NearlyFreeSpeech.NET FAQ

What happens if I get slashdotted?

A
“major slashdotting” of a site hosted on our service will cost you (on
average) less than $10, one time. The best part about that is that as
soon as it’s over, your costs go back to normal, but you’ll save any usage-based discount
resulting from the traffic burst. There’s no higher-tier pricing to get
permanently pushed into, and we won’t cancel you for having something
to say that people actually want to hear.

This happens to one of our members about once a week, so you can bet
we know how to handle it. Or rather, our systems do. Our load-adaptive
clustering technology is at its best when handling demand surges, and
our pricing is at its best when you’d prefer not to be billed based on
a 1% event the other 99% of the time.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: