I was working on a Flash Pro project, coding in FlashBuilder. The way to go. The nearest I can tell is when running a debug build for some reason the project lost something. The legendary yellow squiggles with the ? marks appeared all over the place. I couldn’t get it to go away. It’s in git so I just checked it out in a new folder without the project files and could keep moving. After another debug build, it happened again. Not sure on that bit. But I found that doing ANY change in the file and saving the imported file would suddenly make the file usable again.
Open up MyClass and do anything that allows FlashBuilder to save it. The quickest was space/delete/save. If you have FlexFormatter on make sure auto format isn’t on if you don’t want to reformat 3rd party libraries when doing this. So it seemed that anything you change, so that it saves, brings the file back into FlashBuilder’s list of valid imports. But when you close the project and reopen it, the invalid imports are back.
That got me to thinking… if I just touch the file would that do it? It did. Now we’re in business.
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 touch
That did the trick. All the files are back in business. It’ll happen again but at least I have a quick way to get it working so refactoring, finding usages, hiearchy and all that goodness works again.
This is FlashBuilder 4.5.1.
I’ve been working with Captivate 5 and it’s pretty nice. Coming from a Flash/Flex background I am used to the edit, build, and review workflow. Make changes, compile it (oh so much nicer in FB4+Flash CS5), and then view the changes. So I do that in Captivate, too. But I don’t have too…
Adobe in Technical Communication and eLearning » Using a Solo Review to Edit Adobe Captivate Projects Faster [VIDEO]
In this video I go over a process that works for me, namely conducting a local, solo Review, where I can insert comments on-the-fly as I’m previewing my project. These notes are then imported back into my project exactly where I inserted them.
I am looking at using Gaia for an upcoming project but not being able to use the cache might be a bit of an issue. I do wonder why it’s not caching at all if the browser is set to cache though. I’ll have to try it out and see what is being requested.
I use Gaia a lot. I think it’s a great and powerful framework to create page-based Flash sites. But there is a problem: Gaia creates a SWF for every page. And every time you visit a page, the SWF is loaded again. Even if you already visited that page. Also it is not possible to preload pages you are not visiting.To make page caching and page preloading possible, I have created the ‘CacheLoader‘ and ‘CacheURLLoader‘ classes.
Hmm… gonna have to get used to Flock, too. Looks like I can’t add categories…! Must use tags.